“In 10 sessions you’ll feel the difference, in 20 you’ll see the difference, in 30 you’ll have a whole new body. “Joe Pilates
These classes exercise the entire body from your core to your outer extremities. Because of the reformer’s multiple attachments, moving carriage, cables and progressive resistance system, you can perform a much higher number of exercises.
The support and guidance of the apparatus’s resistance in combination with its versatility can provide a safe and challenging workout. It also accommodates some of the most dynamic and challenging of any level of exercise done and is functionally able to develop strength, endurance, stability, flexibility, power, coordination,
agility and speed.
When regularly practiced the Reformer’s precise exercises will help you to achieve impressive results in overall body composition.
Benefits generally associated with Pilates Reformer classes are:
- Greater muscular strength and endurance
- A boost in your energy and metabolism
- Changes in your body composition
- Long lean muscles
- Increased cardio-respiratory fitness
- Improved agility, awareness and physical control
- Greatly improved balance and flexibility
- Increased core strength and improved postural alignment
- Red Springs are HEAVY
- Blue Springs are MEDIUM
- Yellow Springs are LIGHT
- Springs are hooked on the cactus when in use and dangle when not
- Hooking on the button above the spring creates
- Footbar lowers and lifts using the black levers
- Footbar glides back and forth using the black
- Cords are evenly measured by placing the long loops snugly around the shoulder blocks
- ‘Long Box’ refers to the box placed on the carriage lengthwise against the shoulder blocks
- ‘Short Box’ refers to the box placed on the carriage perpendicular to the carriage
- Headrest lifts and lowers to low, medium or high
Classes 55 minutes. Class size maximum 8 people, so that each student receives personal care and attention.
Please be aware that there is a 24-hour cancellation policy on Reformer classes. If you cancel within 24-hours then you will still be charged the full class.
All classes should be booked in advance by calling 07912566753 or booking online if you are a registered student.