Step and Ladder Barrel Training Module (6 Hours)
Prerequisite: Reformer 2 or Reformer certification
Includes exercises and variations for the Step Barrel and Ladder Barrel. The Step Barrel and Ladder Barrel are excellent tools designed to add variety, enhance spinal mobility and challenge to any workout or class.
BB Pilates Program Requirements:
The Trapeze/Cadillac Instructor Training is part of the Balanced Body Comprehensive Instructor Training Program. This is an in-depth exploration of Pilates from mat to barrels and all that lies in between. To become a fully qualified Balanced Body® Comprehensive Instructor, students must complete the criteria listed on the Comprehensive web page.
Successful completion of this module includes course work, and written and and practical examinations. The written is a take-home examination given on the first day of the course; the practical is successful demonstration of a teaching segment on the final day of the course
If you have successfully completed a certification program from another training provider, it is possible to apply previous training modules toward your training requirements. Please call 1-800-PILATES to see if you are exempt from additional equirements…or contact MI STUDIO with any queries.
Practical experiential hours are in integral part of the learning process. The coursework is designed to introduce movement concepts, exercises and exercise adaptations but it is equally as important that students practice on themselves (personal sessions), watch other instructors (observation hours) and begin the process of teaching potential clients (student teaching hours) in order to embody the materials that are presented in the courses. Courses alone give you the tools: experiencing the work makes you an instructor.
Students can count any classes or Pilates personal training session they have already taken. Online class resources such as Pilates Anytime may count toward personal sessions. Developing and committing to a personal Pilates practice is an essential part of becoming an effective and inspiring teacher.
Observation hours include watching experienced instructors teach group classes of private sessions. Online resources such as BB Podcasts and Pilates Anytime count toward observation hours. Observation is a great way to understand verbal and manual cueing, program sequencing and to hone your teaching skills.
Student Teaching Hours
Teaching hours include any Pilates teaching either as an employee at a fitness center or Pilates Studio or for family and friends.
Step Barrel Hours = 20
55 personal sessions and 15 Student Teaching hours
Total hours: Course work + practical + movement principles= 42
- £140.00 per module by posted deadline
- £40.00 Per course Manual
- £50.00 non refundable admin fee
Total Fee: £ 230.00
after posted deadline £ 330.00
Testing Fees: TBC with Comprehensive
After completion of Personal Sessions and Student Teaching Hours
Student training packages: £400.00 (12 month expiry)
- 1 FREE 1:1
- 5 1:1 Private Pilates sessions
- 10 mat classes
- 5 Reformer or 10 further mat
- 20 hours studio hire for practice
- (Saving £260.00 off individual bookings)
Service Hire Fee: Space is available to hire for practice or apprentice teaching. Inquire at studio for more information. Based on a rate of £20.00 and hour
Student Teacher / Instructor Insurance: You are responsible for supplying a current copy of your public liability and professional indemnity insurance document to the studio.
Cancellation Policy/ Terms and Conditions:
- 30-day Cancellation Period-a Full Refund for Module Fee less £50.00 Administration Fee if cancellation is submitted in writing and received a minimum of 30 days or more prior to course start date.
- Less than 30 days-Fifty Per cent Refund, less the £50.00 Administration Fee if cancellation is submitted in writing and received less than 30 days before the start date.
- MI STUDIO reserves the right to cancel to cancel any course. In the event of an unforeseen cancellation, we will endeavor to provide adequate notice and issue a full refund. MI STUDIO is not responsible for the administration of or refunds for transportation or accommodation services or reservations.
Please feel free to contact MI Studio UK with any questions.