Reformer Training Modules I, II & III
Pre-Requisite: can be approached two ways.
- Completion of Anatomy; Movement Principles; Mat I and II modules and having taken 20 Reformer classes.
- Following completion of Anatomy and Movement Principles requirements, 1 year of teaching movement and having taken 20 reformer classes.
Reformer training includes 4 modules in total – Movement Principles* and Reformer I II and III. With each module you will receive a certificate of attendance. Your full qualification will require personal teaching hours, proof of Anatomy and passing the final exam.
Movement Principles This course is required for any student entering the Balanced Body Instructor Training Program in 2019 or later. For those who entered the program before 2019, the Movement Principles provided in Mat 1 and Reformer 1 are sufficient. We recommend taking the 16 hour course for a greater depth of information. Pre-requisite: none, Anatomy recommended.
Reformer I (16 Hours )
Introduction to Reformer & Beginning Exercises and Pilates Principles
Prerequisites: Anatomy, Movement Principles, 1 year experience teaching movement or related field, 20 Pilates Reformer classes or personal training sessions
Includes an introduction to the Pilates Reformer, including set up and safety, beginning exercises, program sequencing and teaching tips for group classes. By the end of the course you will be able to teach a beginning Reformer class or personal training session.
Reformer II (16 hours)
Prerequisite: Reformer I
Reformer II includes intermediate exercises and modifications designed for group and individual instruction. Teaching successful classes and sessions to clients at different levels of ability is emphasized. Included are a variety of programs designed to keep your clients inspired.
Reformer III (16 hours)
Advanced and Sport Specific Exercises
Prequisite: Reformer II
Reformer III includes advanced exercises plus modifications for sports specific activities, tips for training the advanced client, and programs designed for specific sports.
BB Pilates Program Requirements:
To become a fully qualified Balanced Body® Reformer Instructor, students must complete the following:
- Introduction to Anatomy, Anatomy in 3 D or outside equivalent (12-16 hrs)
- Balanced Body® Movement Principles* completed prior to test out (16 hrs)
- Balanced Body® Reformer I, II and III Instructor training modules (48 hrs)
*Students entering program prior to 2019 are not required to take the Movement Principles course, although it is highly recommended.
Successful completion of each module includes course work, and written and and practical examinations. The written is a take-home examination given on the first day of the course; the practical is successful demonstration of a teaching segment on the second day of the course.
If you have successfully completed a mat program from another training provider, it is possible to apply previous mat work toward your training requirements. Please call 1-800-PILATES to see if you are exempt from additional mat requirements…or contact MI STUDIO with any queries.
Practical experiential hours are in integral part of the learning process. The coursework is designed to introduce movement concepts, exercises and exercise adaptations but it is equally as important that students practice on themselves (personal sessions), watch other instructors (observation hours) and begin the process of teaching potential clients (student teaching hours) in order to embody the materials that are presented in the courses. Courses alone give you the tools: experiencing the work makes you an instructor.
Students can count any classes or Pilates personal training session they have already taken. Online class resources such as Pilates Anytime may count toward personal sessions. Developing and committing to a personal Pilates practice is an essential part of becoming an effective and inspiring teacher.
Observation hours include watching experienced instructors teach group classes of private sessions. Online resources such as BB Podcasts and Pilates Anytime count toward observation hours. Observation is a great way to understand verbal and manual cueing, program sequencing and to hone your teaching skills.
Student Teaching Hours
Teaching hours include any Pilates teaching either as an employee at a fitness center or Pilates Studio or for family and friends.
Reformer Practical Hours = 150
50 personal sessions; 100 student teaching hours -or-
30 personal sessions; 90 student teaching hours; 30 observation hours
Total hours: Course work + practical + anatomy = 210
- £375.00.00 per module by posted deadline
- £40.00 Per course Manual
- £50.00 of which is a non refundable admin fee
Total Fee: £425.00
after posted deadline £525.00
Testing Fees: £145.00
After completion of Personal Sessions, Student Teaching Hours and Observation Hours (if chosen)
Student training package: £400.00 (12 month expiry)
Your Balanced Body Pilates Teacher Training program requires personal and student teaching sessions to develop you as an effective teacher. As a student, you will develop your movement abilities, knowledge of exercises, and awareness of what is happening in your body. As a student teacher you will practice how to teach what you’ve learned.
MI Studio offers this package to help you fulfill the teacher training requirements.
- 1 FREE 1:1 (£50.00)
- 3 1:1 Private Pilates sessions (£150.00)
- 10 reformer Classes or 20 mat (£150.00)
- 5 Reformer hire Hours or 10 mat room hire hours for teaching practice (£100.00)
- Unlimited observations
- 10 Hours of Mat room hire or 5 hours of Reformer room (£100.00)
- Saving £150.00 off individual bookings
Single Service Studio Hire Fee: Space is available to hire for practice or apprentice teaching. Mat room hour is £10.00, Reformer/Studio £20.00 (second Hour is £10.00)
Student Teacher / Instructor Insurance: You are responsible for supplying a current copy of your public liability and professional indemnity insurance document to the studio.
Cancellation Policy/ Terms and Conditions:
- 30-day Cancellation Period-a Full Refund for Module Fee less £50.00 Administration Fee if cancellation is submitted in writing and received a minimum of 30 days or more prior to course start date.
- Less than 30 days-Fifty Per cent Refund, less the £50.00 Administration Fee if cancellation is submitted in writing and received less than 30 days before the start date.
- MI STUDIO reserves the right to cancel to cancel any course. In the event of an unforeseen cancellation, we will endeavor to provide adequate notice and issue a full refund. MI STUDIO is not responsible for the administration of or refunds for transportation or accommodation services or reservations.
Please feel free to contact MI Studio UK with any questions.