2018-2019 Balance Body Mat Pilates Teacher Training Programmes-
Movement Principles (16 hours) Compulsory for 2019 Test Out
Mat I (16 hours)
Friday November 2nd and Saturday November 3rd 9:30*am-6:00pm
Introduction to Pilates & Beginning/Intermediate Exercises
Mat I includes an introduction to the history and review of the principles of Pilates, beginning and most intermediate level exercises with modifications, lectures on class order and programming in a group setting, and guidelines for teaching seniors, pre and post-natal classes.
Mat II (16 hours) TBC-2019
Friday January 11th and Saturday January 12th, 9:30*am-6:00pm
Prerequisite: Mat I
Mat II includes the remaining intermediate and advanced level exercises, as well as essential movement principles, and training tips for advancing clients to the higher levels. Pilates for sports specific activities are also covered.
Mat III (16 Hours) TBC
DATE TBA Compulsory for 2019
Mat III combines the Mat with use of bands, balls, rings and rollers. Introducing the ThinkFit system to assist instructors in putting together effective, exciting and fun classes that reflect the Movement Principles categories for successful teaching.
BB Pilates Mat Program Requirements
To become a fully qualified Balanced Body® Mat Instructor, students must complete the following:
- Anatomy or outside equivalent (pre-requisite required prior to Mat test out)
- Balanced Body Movement Principles (From January 2019-Compulsory for test out)
- Mat I Instructor Training
- Mat II Instructor Training
- Mat III (From January 2019-Compulsory for test out)
Total hours of BB course work = 32 (M1 and M2)
Total hours course work with Introduction to Anatomy-48
Successful completion of each module includes course work, and written and practical examinations. The written is a take-home examination given on the first day of the course; the practical is a successful demonstration of a teaching segment on the second day of the course.
Practical experiential hours are in integral part of the learning process. The coursework is designed to introduce movement concepts, exercises and exercise adaptations, but it is equally as important that students practice on themselves (personal sessions), watch other instructors (observation hours) and begin the process of teaching potential clients (teaching hours) in order to embody the materials that are presented in the courses. Courses alone give you the tools; experiencing the work makes you an instructor.
Students can count any classes or Pilates personal training session they have already taken. Online class resources such as Pilates Anytime may count toward personal sessions. Developing and committing to a personal Pilates practice is an essential part of becoming an effective and inspiring teacher.
Observation hours include watching experienced instructors teach group classes or private sessions. Online resources such as BB Podcasts and Pilates Anytime count toward observation hours. Observation is a great way to understand verbal and manual cueing, program sequencing and to hone your teaching skills.
Student Teaching Hours
Teaching hours include any Pilates teaching either as an employee at a fitness center of Pilates Studio or for family and friends.
Balanced Body Mat Practical Hours = 70
25 personal sessions; 45 student teaching hours -or- 20 personal sessions; 15 observation hours; 35 student teaching hours
Total hours: Balanced Body Course work + practical = 102 or 118 with Introduction to Anatomy
- The Full Repertoire of Pilates Mat Exercises with modifications and variations
- The History of Pilates
- The Pilates Principles
- Pilates Movement Principles to include Posture and Postural Analysis and an introduction to anatomy
- Release work and stretching
- Pilates and Osteoporosis
- Pilates and Pregnancy
- Suggested mat Sequences
- On going feedback and support for theory and practical through to the final exam
- £375.00.00 per module by posted deadline
- £40.00 Per course Manual
- £50.00 non refundable admin fee
- Total Fee Paid for each module £465.00
*Total Fee Paid after Deadline 565.00
StudentTeacher/Instructor Insurance: You are responsible for supplying a current copy of your public liability and professional indemnity insurance document to the studio.
Student training packages: £400.00 (12 month expiry)
- 1 FREE 1:1
- 3 1:1 Private Pilates sessions (£150.00)
- 10 reformer Classes or 20 mat (£150.00)
- 5 Reformer hire Hours or 10 mat room hire hours for teaching practice (£100.00)
- Unlimited observations
- Saving £180.00 off individual bookings
Single Service Hire Fee: Space is available to hire for practice or apprentice teaching. Mat room hour is £15.00, Reformer £30.00.
Cancellation Policy/ Terms and Conditions:
- 30-day Cancellation Period-a Full Refund for Module Fee less £50.00 Administration Fee and Manual Fee if cancellation is submitted in writing and received a minimum of 30 days or more prior to course start date.
- Less than 30 days-Fifty Per cent Refund, less the £50.00 Administration Fee and Manual Fee if cancellation is submitted in writing and received less than 30 days before the start date.
MI STUDIO reserves the right to cancel to cancel any course. In the event of an unforeseen cancellation, we will endeavour to provide adequate notice and issue a full refund. MI STUDIO is not responsible for the administration of or refunds for transportation or accommodation services or reservations.
Please feel free to contact MI Studio for any questions or concerns.