Balanced Body Pilates Reformer Instructor Training
Reformer I (16 hours) October 12th and 13th 9:30am-6:00pm
Registration Due Date: September 12th, 2018
Introduction to Reformer & Beginning Exercises and Pilates Principles
Reformer I (16 Hours ) Includes an introduction to the Pilates Reformer, including set up and safety, beginning exercises, program sequencing and teaching tips for group classes. By the end of the course you will be able to teach a beginning Reformer class or personal training session.
Reformer II (16 hours) December 14th and 15th, 9:30am-6:00pm
Registration Due: November 14th, 2018
Prerequisite: Reformer I
Reformer II includes intermediate exercises and modifications designed for group and individual instruction. Teaching successful classes and sessions to clients at different levels of ability is emphasized. Included are a variety of programs designed to keep your clients inspired.
Reformer III (16 hours) TBA
Prequisite: Reformer II
Advanced Exercises & Sport Specific Programs. Reformer III includes advanced exercises plus modifications for sports specific activities, tips for training the advanced client, and programs designed for specific sports.
BB Pilates Program Requirements:
To become a fully qualified Balanced Body® Reformer Instructor, students must complete the following:
- Introduction to Anatomy (BB Anatomy in 3 D or outside equivalent)
- Balanced Body® Movement Principle completed prior to test out
- Balanced Body® Reformer I, II and III Instructor training modules
- Anatomy in 3D *Optional but recommended
Successful completion of each module includes course work, and written and and practical examinations. The written is a take-home examination given on the first day of the course; the practical is successful demonstration of a teaching segment on the second day of the course.
*If you have successfully completed a mat program from another training provider, it is possible to apply previous mat work toward your training requirements. Please call 1-800-PILATES to see if you are exempt from additional mat requirements…or contact MI STUDIO with any queries.
Practical experiential hours are in integral part of the learning process. The coursework is designed to introduce movement concepts, exercises and exercise adaptations but it is equally as important that students practice on themselves (personal sessions), watch other instructors (observation hours) and begin the process of teaching potential clients (student teaching hours) in order to embody the materials that are presented in the courses. Courses alone give you the tools: experiencing the work makes you an instructor.
Students can count any classes or Pilates personal training session they have already taken. Online class resources such as Pilates Anytime may count toward personal sessions. Developing and committing to a personal Pilates practice is an essential part of becoming an effective and inspiring teacher.
Observation hours include watching experienced instructors teach group classes of private sessions. Online resources such as BB Podcasts and Pilates Anytime count toward observation hours. Observation is a great way to understand verbal and manual cueing, program sequencing and to hone your teaching skills.
Student Teaching Hours
Teaching hours include any Pilates teaching either as an employee at a fitness center or Pilates Studio or for family and friends.
Anatomy Hours=16 Required Prior to Test out
Movement Principles Hours=16
Reformer Practical Hours = 150
50 personal sessions; 100 student teaching hours -or- 30 personal sessions; 30 observation hours; 90 student teaching hours
Total hours: Course work + practical + anatomy = 230
- £375.00.00 per module by posted deadline
- £40.00 Per course Manual
- £50.00 non refundable admin fee
- Total Fee Paid for each module £465.00
*Total Fee Paid after Deadline 565.00
Student training packages: £400.00 (6 month expiry)
- 1 FREE 1:1
- 5 1:1 Private Pilates sessions
- 10 mat classes
- 5 Reformer or 10 further mat
- 10 hours studio hire for practice
- (Saving £205 off individual bookings)
Service Hire Fee: Space is available to hire for practice or apprentice teaching. Inquire at studio for more information.
StudentTeacher/Instructor Insurance: You are responsible for supplying a current copy of your public liability and professional indemnity insurance document to the studio.
Cancellation Policy/ Terms and Conditions:
- 30-day Cancellation Period-a Full Refund for Module Fee less £50.00 Administration Fee if cancellation is submitted in writing and received a minimum of 30 days or more prior to course start date.
- Less than 30 days-Fifty Per cent Refund, less the £50.00 Administration Fee if cancellation is submitted in writing and received less than 30 days before the start date.
- MI STUDIO reserves the right to cancel to cancel any course. In the event of an unforeseen cancellation, we will endeavor to provide adequate notice and issue a full refund. MI STUDIO is not responsible for the administration of or refunds for transportation or accommodation services or reservations.
Please feel free to contact MI Studio UK with any questions.