“If you can sense it and feel it, you can change it.”
– Thomas Hanna
Clinical Somatic Movement
The root of all pain lies within the brain. Just as the brain learns to pay music, drive a car, or ride a bike, it can learn negative things like unconsciously holding muscles in contraction around weak and injured areas, or bad posture.
Somatic therapy re-educates your body, taking a safe, gentle approach. Using simple self-care techniques, learn how to release and relax tight muscles, reduce muscular tension and restore muscles to their optimal resting for long-term relief for chronic muscular pain.
Somatic Movement is known to help:
- Chronic and acute back, neck, and shoulder pain.
- Tension headaches and whiplash.
- Sciatica and piriformis syndromes.
- Hip, knee and foot pain.
- Plantar fasciitis.
- Herniated or bulging disks.
- Postural misalignments including leg length discrepancy, scoliosis and kyphotic curvatures caused by muscular tightness.
MI Studio offers private Clinical Somatic Sessopms as well as group classes.