A unique exploration into the anatomy of the human body
There is no better way to learn anatomy!
Anatomy in 3 Dimensions is a 2-day (16 Hour) comprehensive course and is the most thorough way to deeply understand and apply anatomical knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, integrating it within your teaching or movement practice.
Held at MI Studio in York-January 13th and 14th 2018 and taught by a Balanced Body Faculty Member.
This course is a hands-on course incorporating the use of a specially designed skeleton called a Maniken. Using clay you will build from the deep muscles outward to the more superficial. Combing a hand-building process with movement based practical lectures this course becomes a uniquely personal learning experience and fundamental to understanding how the muscular skeletal system functions.
During the course you will:
- Workup a 3-D muscular Maniken from the Knees through to the shoulders
- Review the principles of musculoskeletal anatomy
- Understand the structure & function of bones, joints, muscles, tendons & ligaments
- Identify bony landmark
- Learn the origin, insertion and action of the major muscles of movement
- Understand joint structure and movements and basic exercises for each muscle group
This course is recommended to fulfill or expand your anatomy prerequisite for Balanced Body Pilates teacher training but is also designed to help anyone working with the body gain a deeper understanding of how the muscles and bones affect movement and have helped Pilates, and Yoga instructors, movement specialists, Chiropractors, Massage Therapist, Acupuncturists, Osteopaths and others gain amazing practical insight into the body.
Required Text Purchase prior to class: The Trail Guide to the Body 5th Edition by Andrew Biel